Skip to main content

Blogging is Still the Wild Frontier

cc from bluediamondgallery.com


I just looked at the date of the last post here at CBJ and it was July 13, 2018. So, it's been over a year since I've written a post here. Not the best marketing strategy, yet here I am, writing another post to keep the blog alive and give any readers out there hope the author is still alive and in the same blogging mind. 

Of course, blogging is something I think about all the time. Having created the perfect blogs for every article I could imagine to write, I constantly think of articles and topics I could write about -- if only I had the time is usually the culprit I point to, and not without reason, still, the blogs go un-published and my ideas are seemingly lost in the daily routine of modern slavery. 

Specifically, God has opened the door and I've been working as a greenskeeper for the last 5 months. Golfing is one of my passions and lawn care is one of my trades, the match has been great, especially since I get free golf at two of Oregon's finest courses. 

Besides details and life matters taking me away from blogging, I also have to confess the sheer procrastination involved when the ideas are more prosperous than the tangible writing workload. This is part of learning how to be a long-term blogger, that is, how to pace yourself. 

Mostly, this involves the voice of the blog. For example, when I first started I used CBJ as a journal to write whatever thoughts I had that day, etc. While this helped me be more productive writing posts, I found the voice of the blog was lost in the shuffle. I also learned it's better to put some thought and work into an article, rather than just flippant thoughts for the sake of adhering to a published blog schedule. 

Hey, every blogger has their own style and way of getting 'er done. I'm just grateful God has given me a place to publish when I do get around to finally writing an article. And, while I could have practically written this article with ease 12 months ago, the sincere truth is it took me about 13 months, making this a 13-month work in progress article, finished at the last moment, that is, now. 

Basically, what happened is I narrowed the focus of this blog to only posts about blogging. CBJ is my most narrow blog when it comes to the subject matter. Sometimes, I need a place to talk about blogging, and non-bloggers just don't get it. Besides, it's my hope to encourage blogging without guile, without pretension, and without cookie-cutter recipes of success. 

Blogging to me is still the wild frontier, the amazing Yukon of freelance writing. In the Oregon Territory, I can reach the world and not even have to pay for the platform (still using the free subdomain blogspot.com on most of my blogs). 

Blogging allows a myriad of expression and combines the widest array of talents and art forms. Business-minded bloggers and abstract poets alike can blog their hearts away to the world at large. 

While blogging is something I enjoy, it does take sacrifice and the willingness to endure scant accolades from the deep, heartfelt discourse given to kindred humanity, connected on this strange rock powered device. We never know what door God will open; there surely is a reason for these efforts Christian bloggers, be encouraged. 

Write and think on friends, pray, and read the KJV Holy Bible, and blog when you get the time. God bless in Jesus.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Earning a Bachelors at Hubpages

commons.wikimedia.org Wake Up and Write a Hub    Let me just say this, Jesus Christ is the most valuable part of my life. Everything I do must be in accord with the Holy Bible. I live and look at life through a born-again Christian filter, always trying to keep a balance and peace with God.     Now...there are so many different avenues of thought to go down, sometimes I think if I could just focus on one with all my ambitious zeal I would have wild success. Yet, so far this focused zeal is spread out and I keep plugging away with that too little, too late type of feeling.     For instance, concerning these different avenues, what about say blogging? What about Hubpages, YouTube, an Ebay business, or even writing content? Let's just take Hubpages for instance. Now, if I were to only write hubs and then share them on my built up social sites, what would happen? What if I wrote 30 hubs a month for a couple years?    These are quality hubs as well, which attract an averag

7 Alternatives to Big Tech Social Media Sites

  cc from pixabay.com      The massive censorship campaign against the truth by big tech has been happening right before our eyes in the last year; from an acting President being censored by Twitter and Facebook to thousands of independent media truthers with large followings being canceled and deleted by YouTube and their brainless bands of fact-checkers, sighting they were going against community standards. This is an ominous sign for bloggers and content creators, thus, we need alternative places to create and share our content to ensure continuity in our work.       By the way, community standards are simply their flexible ethical reasoning to censor information and truth the powers to be (and that pay them off) don't want the public to know, especially the mainstream public. YouTube, Google, Facebook, Twitter, PayPal, Instagram, Medium, Amazon, and others have all ganged up on the truth to spread lies that destroy people.      The major lies of the #coronavirushoax and the #gl

Blogging Results After 8 Months

cc from flickr.com    Blogging on Blogger started for me Dec. 9th, 2013 with my first blog called The Lowdown Truth. Later that month on Dec. 25, 2013, a second blog was started called A Writer's Review. Finally, five months later on May 23, 2014, I started this blog called Christian Blogger's Journal. Although this is the timeline for starting the blogs, it took a little time after I started each to monetize them with Google Adsense. I was approved for Adsense with my first blog after 18 posts. The other two I monetized after having 10 posts.     I'm explaining all this because this blog in part is about my journey as a blogger. This information may help you gain some perspective on blogging yourself. The amount of time I've been blogging is about the same amount of time I've been writing on-line all-together. Basically, I started from scratch with this Internet thing about 10 months ago. There has been a learning curve involved as well as I work a full t

WordPress vs. Blogger

The pros and cons of each from an experienced user.   I started a blog on both WP and Blogger around the same time in 2013 when I first started blogging. I went on to start 6 more Blogger blogs and no more WP blogs.  Blogger is easier to work with, but you can also monetize it without paying for a yearly subscription like at WP.  To put advertisements on WP, you have to pay for a pro plan for at least $96/year. In my experience with advertising on my blogs, you won’t make this money back.  I have Google Adsense on 3 of my Blogger blogs now and at the rate I’m earning it will take me thousands of years to cash out at $100.  All my blogs together, including WP, bring in about 500 to 1,000 visitors each month. You need to bring in at least 10k to start making any significant money with advertisements, affiliates, etc.  The plus about WP is the community aspect, which I’ve started appreciating more recently. The Blogger community is much smaller and the reader feed and app are not quality.

How to Monetize a Blog: My Experience

cc from maxpixel.net Joining the over 600 million other blogs in the world is an exciting experience for the first-timer, yet could also end up being disappointing if they're trying to make money from it. While some bloggers do make enough money through their blogging efforts to make a living, most of us don't even come close. Let's talk about the challenges and possibilities of blogging by examining how to monetize a blog: my experience. Types of Blogs Among the hundreds of millions of blogs online, there are many different types of blogs to consider. Many blogs are monetized and professional, to the point where visitors can't even tell they're a blog. Really, they're simply a website where someone posts their writings, drawings, paintings, pictures, videos, audio, videos, affiliate posts, etc. What is a blog then, if it's just a website with a unique domain? Blogs are websites where individuals or businesses can craft and pu